We believe that the Bible is our rule of faith and Christ alone is Lord. This statement summarizes the core belief of Church of God people. We have not issued any official belief statement, and we have no formal creed. Yet, the following statements reflect the heart of the Church of God:
What We Believe
What We Believe
- Salvation makes us members of God’s church. We believe that the church is composed of every person who has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. We enter into the life of the church, not by joining a denomination or a human organization, but by committing our lives to Christ (John 3:1–7).
- Christians are called to be one. We believe that God calls all followers of Christ to live in unity and peace, regardless of who they are or the church they attend (Gal 3:28). While we may not agree on everything, we can rally around our subject, Jesus.
- We must be holy. We believe that followers of Christ have been called to live a life of love, purity, and godliness. We are called to live like Christ, taking on a new nature (2 Cor 5:17).
It is our hope that the whole world will one day embrace the love and mercy that is only found in Jesus Christ.
We also embrace these biblical principles:
- The Lordship of Jesus. There is one Lord, who is God’s Son Jesus Christ, over the church. Christ is the church’s ultimate authority on all matters (Acts 2:36).
- Making Disciples. Each of us is called to fulfill Matthew 28:18–20, making fully devoted followers of Christ—disciples—who will then teach others to follow Christ.
- Loving God and Neighbor. We are called to fulfill Matthew 22:37–39, not only loving God with our entire being, but also loving all that he loves.
- The Work of the Holy Spirit. God’s Spirit equips
- believers with unique gifts that enable us to carry out the mission of
- Christ in the world. At the same time, the Spirit produces love, joy,
- peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and
- self-control in every believer (Galatians 5:22–23), which demonstrate the Spirit’s presence within us.
- Stewardship. Since God is the source of life, all of life is to be used for the honor, glory, and service of God (Psalm 24:1).
Meet Our Staff
We bring personal experiences from around the country, even around the globe!Meet Us!